DOES YOUR DNA HOLD SECRETS ABOUT YOU?
Discovering your unique functional genome may help you take a targeted, as well as, a preventative approach to your overall wellness. We can show you how you function!
Today, genetic testing is easily accessible, affordable, and continually expanding its scope. This advancement affords health practitioners an unprecedented ability to identify weaknesses in your body and target personalized nutritional protocols to support bodily function.
FUNCTIONAL GENOMICS & HOW IT CAN IMPACT YOUR HEALTH
Your DNA that you inherited from your mother and father contains “instructions” on how to make enzymes that help convert the food you eat, the air you breathe, and sunlight into all the cells, blood, and neurotransmitters in your body. It’s an amazing process.
Genetic variants may impede the proper function of these enzymes, and as a result, you may have less than optimal function and the creation of critical molecules for health. The newly emerging field of Functional Genomics provides insight as to how your DNA impacts specific functions in the body and how genetic variants may serve as roadblocks to optimal wellness.
Personalized medicine is the future of healthcare, and genomic testing is becoming an integral part of this. As unique individuals, we all have genetic differences, making the one-size-fits-all model of healthcare a thing of the past. Functional genomic testing allows us the opportunity to look at your genes, which serve as the blueprint to your health. Taking this a step further, the study of epigenetics looks at your diet, lifestyle, and the environment in which you live, which impacts how your genes express themselves.
Functional Genomic testing helps identify your genetic variants referred to as SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphism) pronounced ‘snips’, or gaps in your DNA, which may impact your health. Looking at these variants can give us an incredible amount of information about how you process nutrients, detoxify chemicals, utilize iron, balance your gut bacteria, neutralize free radicals, what is potentially causing inflammation, as well as understand your brain’s neurotransmitter function, and much more.
By understanding these genetic variants, which can potentially cause imbalances, our goal is to supply the right nutrients and targeted supplementation, or diet and lifestyle recommendations to assist the body to support detoxification pathways/reduce the effects of toxins in the body and support the healthy rebuilding of cells and organs for building functional cellular health.
There are many different reasons why someone may want to look at their genetic makeup. Some major reasons include people’s curiosity about their ancestry and the desire to learn their risk of potential health conditions or their genetic susceptibility. A top reason for many people is that they want answers to why all their lab tests come back “normal”, yet they still feel tired, irritable, or continue to struggle with things like digestive issues and cannot determine the reason for these chronic issues. One of the most common complaints from individuals is feeling wired, tired, anxious, and depressed. A functional genomic assessment can give some insight into why someone could be experiencing these issues, and what they can do about it.
Understanding your genome can help provide clues to know what foods and nutrients, along with lifestyle choices that are most beneficial for you, and which ones to avoid. For those who have a sensitive digestive tract and cannot tolerate supplements, the clues as to what could potentially trigger this can be discovered through a functional genomic consultation.
A functional genomic interpretation with a Functional Genomic Analysis TM report* can help us learn a lot about why we may not feel our best, as well as provide a step-by-step, personalized approach to address each area of concern based on an individual’s genetic makeup. By understanding how epigenetic factors affect DNA/SNP expression and knowing how to compensate for them and support areas of dysregulation may bring our health back into balance.
Intrigued? We thought you might be! Click Here to Learn More
* Functional Genomic Analysis TM is proprietary software. The information generated by this software is not intended to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat or prevent any disease. We teach how to use nutrition to support function, which is the permitted use of nutritional therapies.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Go to the Find a Practitioner section of this website.
- Connect with the practitioner of your choice to initiate the process.
- Your practitioner will order you a Your Functional Genomics DNA saliva test and have it shipped directly to you. Discuss your collection options with your practitioner (saliva or buccal swab). *Before making a final decision, please read through our NO REFUND policy.
- Upon receiving your test kit in the mail, log into your client portal at www.functionalgenomicanalysis.com to register your unique barcode.
- Follow all instructions carefully prior to mailing your test kit back to the lab.
- Schedule an appointment with your practitioner at least 12 weeks from the time you send in your test kit.
- Allow 6-12 weeks for your results to become available. You and your practitioner will receive an email.
- Functional Genomics is a tool for your practitioner to gauge and assess your unique function. They may recommend additional lab work, lifestyle, diet, and supplement recommendations. In order to create and tailor a wellness plan just for you, additional appointments may be beneficial to better assist you in achieving optimal wellness.